About » Community Amenities » Cokato Museum & Akerlund Studio
- Order your Cokato 2014 Calendar now. The theme is At Your Service: Service & Filling Stations. Fill out and print off an order form and get your copy now.
- The museum will be closed Saturday, November 9 in observance of the Veterans Day Holiday.
- Looking for a great gift idea? Why not start right here?
The Cokato Museum is an award-winning local history museum that focuses on the history of the city of Cokato and the surrounding townships in southwestern Wright County. Located at the corner of 4th Street West and Millard Avenue South in downtown Cokato, the museum is open the following hours:
- Tuesday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:30 a.m to 3:00 p.m.
- Closed Sundays, Mondays and major holidays; see our News & Upcoming Events section for holiday-related or other closings.
- Tours are available by appointment, including evenings and weekends.
The museum is supported in its mission by the Cokato Historical Society. The society welcomes all current and former Cokato residents to join in supporting the mission of the museum and historical society.
Gust Akerlund Photography Studio
Built in 1905, the Gust Akerlund Photography Studio, an historic photography studio, is on the National Register of Historic Places. It was used for over half a century by Swedish immigrant Gust Akerlund. The site is fully restored and includes his original furnishings, cameras, and other equipment, and also a 12-foot skylight. It is the only studio of its kind in the Upper Midwest, and possibly one of a few left in the entire nation.
Want more information about the museum or studio? Need some genealogical research done? Feel free to contact us at:
175 W 4th Street
PO Box 686
Cokato, MN 55321-0686